Wednesday, May 30, 2012

SJ and the flip flop fiasco

SJ, my 2 year old, is one of the most entertaining little men I have ever met. In addition, he is also one of the most stubborn little men I have ever met. His current obsession is anything Cars; specifically Lightning McQueen, which he affectionately calls "Cuck-Cuck". As you can imagine, his wardrobe consists of many Cars items. His favorites are his Crocs and flip flops.

SJ requested his Cuck-Cuck flip flops today, and he does a pretty good job walking in them. However, when a 2 year old has a temper tantrum while his older brother is trying to help corral him into his car seat, flip flops go flying. As usual, we were in danger of being late to soccer practice for my 10 year old, A. So when SJ's flip flop went flying because he didn't want to go into his car seat, I chose to leave it on the floor while we drove to the field. It was quite possibly the longest 7 minute ride of my life. Apparently by not putting SJ's flip flop back on his foot A and I committed a terrible crime. The amount of shrieking, crying and begging for his "fleep fop shoes" would have made you think I had taken away his best friend - or denied him a snack!

Once we arrived at the field the flip flop went back on, but it appears my son is now traumatized. He told anyone who looked in his direction that "Mommy no SJ fleep fop shoes". Thankfully I really am the only one who can understand him. Hopefully he forgets this by tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Haha only SJ can make temper tantrums cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I should have recorded it, he was thrashing like you wouldn't believe.

    ReplyDelete